Deciding on the perfect holiday gift for loved ones is often fraught with difficulty: what do they really like? We want a gift that is unusual yet perfect for that individual's needs; something that shows how much we value her friendship and love.
A thoughtful gift for someone who is concerned about her health shows how much you care. Consider one of these symbols of friendship or love for someone special on your holiday gift list:
- Choose a basket packed with a variety of salsas (fat-free and high in phytochemicals)
- Two or three favorite heart-healthy recipes (from the iVillage Recipe Finder, of course!) on pretty recipe cards
- Tie a beautiful ribbon on a loaf of artisan whole grain bread.
- Fill a holiday mug with green tea bags; they're packed with healthy antioxidants.
- Arrange oranges, grapefruit and tangerines in a beautiful bowl; their fiber and vitamin C help keep our cardiovascular system strong -- and they taste great!
- Design gift certificates good for one walk or hike together -- you'll both feel fantastic!
- Potted culinary herbs, ready to grow and thrive on a sunny windowsill; try rosemary, basil, parsley, chives or thyme for delicious seasonings without salt.
- Collect a variety of flavored hot cereal packets, or make up your own mix; place in a pretty breakfast bowl and tie with a bow.
- Fill a big glass jar with a variety of colorful legumes: layer lentils, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, etc. into a pleasing pattern and include a soup recipe. Find one in the iVillage Recipe Finder!
- Collect small bottles of flavored vinegar or make your own flavored oils and place them in a pretty basket.