Every bedroom should contain a "treasure chest" (lockable if you've got children around) containing your own spicy set of pleasure and foreplay enhancers. The following should be readily available:
1) Lubricants and massage oils. If you're using condoms use only water-based types. Oil-based lubes can damage condoms. Also, be careful to avoid getting any oil inside the vagina. This may cause irritation.
2) Sex toys you enjoy.
3) A blindfold
4) Erotica to read to each other or films you find stimulating.
5) Stockings or soft ties for bondage play and a pair of handcuffs.
6) A feather or "brush" for playful touching.
7) Little sexy surprises for your lover. A silky thong, some surprise stockings, fun chocolates or "love dice."
8) Dental dams, plastic wrap, and condoms for safer sex. Don't forget some latex gloves for sensual stimulation of the anal area without scratching your lover with your nails.
9) A box of luxury tissues and/or a soft cloth for "cleaning up."
10) And in the fridge, erotic edibles that you love, such as cream, yogurt, jam, sauces, honey and jelly. You'll find that sticky things such as jelly and honey feel fabulous on the genitals when gently warmed. Test the temperature on your inner wrist and then smooth it on and lap it off.
Naughty Tricks & Sexy Tips by Dr. Pam Spurr. Copyright © 2004 by Ulysses Press. Reprinted by permission of Ulysses Press. All rights reserved.