4. Play together outdoors. Plan one leisurely activity per weekend that gets the family outdoors. This helps keep family members from going stir-crazy, while providing fun experiences to remember the weekend by!
5. Make chores a game. Set the timer for 45 minutes, give each family member a chore, and go! When the buzzer rings, time's up. The one who did the best job wins. Watch how fast the house gets cleaned in the name of fun!
6. Order out. You can try your favorite carry out or order a complete, healthy dinner from Whole Foods, or some other full-service health food store.
7. Use paper plates. Make weekend meals the "paper-plate" specials. No dishes used. Period.
8. Cook ahead. During the workweek, double the recipe, freeze and save for weekend dining. Visit the Recipe Finder for simple ideas.
9. Turn off the tube. TV is the ultimate time-waster. After Saturday morning cartoons (you can't win them all), unplug the set, and live life.
10. Think like a Type-A person! Don't just prune the rose bushes, and then spend time with the kids. Do both at once. You get something done, and the kids get to spend time with you.
11. Head out. Get away from the house, no matter what it takes. Homes contain endless projects. Relax and have some fun -- the weekend is short!