10. We have a family bed set up in a sidecar arrangement using the three-sided crib that is connected to the bed. The baby usually goes to bed around 8 pm after bath, story and prayers. If he wakes up, we go to him and help him settle in. He nurses throughout the night, but for the most part, he doesn't wake up.
11. All of my kids got used to having a cloth diaper (spit rag) next to their faces. From birth I always tucked it under their necks and cheeks. It seemed to me that it added security. As they matured, they would insist on the spit rag to go to sleep.
12. Sometimes, for naps, we take our daughter on car rides to help her fall asleep.
13. We find that it is important that our son actually be tired when we put him down; otherwise he will cry. Not the "I'm tired cry" but the "I'm unhappy cry!"
14. I will admit that there were times when I would bribe my daughter: "Stay in bed all night and I'll buy you a little toy tomorrow!". I was desperate!