Why is it that your best friend could be in the relationship from hell, your cousin could be in a monotonous and uneventful marriage, but people still feel sorry for you for being single? Is something wrong here? Your single days can be the most exciting of your life. If you're not convinced yet, check out why some iVillage women love solo-status.
1. "You can have male friends without having to defend yourself and explain that nothing else is going on."
2. "Free drinks at bars! Men seem to know when you're single and tend to be very generous."
3. "You can spend as much time as you want with your family and nobody's lip will drag the ground."
4. "You can shave your legs and the razor is never dull from his face."
5. "You can talk to your girlfriends for hours on the phone without getting dirty, exasperated looks."
6. "You can spend your paycheck on what you want."
7. "You never have to worry if the milk carton had been directly drunk out of."
8. "You don't have to check to see if it's okay to tell someone yes or no to an invitation. You can accept on the spot."
9. "You can fill the fridge with fresh fruit and veggies, bottled water, one-percent milk and applesauce instead of cold cuts, beer and Velveeta."
10. "No more Cinemax, American Flyers, Steven Seagal or Jackie Chan. You are free to watch Emeril and Ming Tsai three times a day if you want."
11. "You can be happy with who you are, not who he wants you to be."
12. "If you are depressed or mad at the world for a few minutes, you don't have to worry about having your 'outlook on life' analyzed."
13. "You can eat garlic or onions without a second thought about breath mints."
14. "Not only are your dinners free when you go out on those first dates, but they take you out to nice places."
15. "You don't have to give yourself lame excuses for not devoting time to yourself."
16. "No snoring!"
17. "No one gets insulted when you spend the day at the beach checking out the lifeguards."
18. "You can have eight hours of undisturbed sleep with the covers all to yourself."
19. "You can go to bed in flannel and plaid rather than Frederick's and Victoria."
20. "The toilet seat issue -- need I say more?"