If you're looking for healthy and easy, it doesn't get much better than this. Try these three veggie sandwiches for lunch or for a light dinner.
1. Avocado Olive Wrap
- 1 cup diced avocado (1 avocado)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
In a bowl, mix avocado, olives and mayonnaise. Spoon into the flour tortilla and add chopped tomato to taste. Roll up the tortilla and serve.
2. Portobello Mushroom and Tomato Sandwich
- 2 grilled or broiled portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 large or 6 medium basil leaves
- 2 sandwich-size English muffins, toasted
Spread English muffins with one tablespoon of mayonnaise each and layer on the mushrooms, tomato slices and basil leaves.
3. Hummus with Cucumbers and Broccoli Sprouts
- 1 pita bread
- pre-prepared hummus
- 6 peeled cucumber slices
- broccoli sprouts
Cut pita through center and spread hummus on both halves of the pocket. Place 3 slices of cucumber in each half and garnish with broccoli sprouts.