How can I build a positive relationship with my caregiver?
- Look at the relationship as a partnership.
- Work together to solve behavior problems both at child care and at home.
- Drop by as often as you can to say "hello"
--share your ideas, express your interests and volunteer to help.
- Recognize your caregiver's good work. Send a thank-you card or a small gift.
- Bring surprise treats to day care like snacks, crafts or toys for the kids.
- Keep your caregiver informed of any changes in your child's schedule.
What can I do when my child is sick and I need to work?
- Decide in advance how you and your husband will share this responsibility.
- Split the day with your husband.
- Work at home if you can.
- Line up someone locally who can care for your child on short notice.
- Save some of your sick days to care for your child.
How can I make the most of evenings at home?
- Give yourself and your kids time to relax and unwind.
- Make kid-friendly meals in advance or cook something quick and easy.
- Treat yourself to dinners out on occasion.
- Turn off the TV and discuss your day during dinner.
- Stick to a routine so your kids know what to expect.
- Factor in fun and time to snuggle.
Between working all day and dealing with the kids at night, how can I maintain a healthy relationship with my husband?
- Spend time together, even if it's just reading or watching TV.
- Talk and email during the workday.