- Schedule lunch or dinner dates together.
- Put the kids to bed early so you have more time to yourselves.
- Go to bed at the same time
--and make love!
How can I let go of my feelings of guilt about working?
- Ask yourself why you feel guilty.
- Do whatever it takes to help you feel good about yourself.
- Don't identify yourself as a mother only.
- Celebrate the fact that your kids are happy and healthy.
Tips for Making Your Mornings Run More Smoothly
Keep It Simple
Have a schedule and stick to it. Get yourself up early, get your exercise in, get your coffee on, then go wake up the kids. If your children are young, get yourself totally ready before waking them up. If your children are older, make them get themselves ready. Have them pick out their clothes, make their beds, brush their hair, etc. Let them get breakfast ready if they can do it unsupervised, or stick to very simple breakfasts like fruit and yogurt or oatmeal. The trick is to keep it simple.
Keep It Routine
I have a four- and two-year-old, so mornings can be nuts. But over the past few years I have gotten it down to a science. The night before I lay out everyone's clothes