4. Don't leave your pet outside in the yard on a leash or a chain. Many animals get tangled up in their attempts to flee and end up injuring themselves. And dogs often escape their yards and get lost.
5. If you find an animal that is lost, take it to your local animal shelter right away. The quicker you do this, the sooner the frantic owner will be reunited with his or her beloved pet.
More Pet Resources:
Your stories and picures:
- Post Your Pet Pics.
- Ask the Pet Care Expert on our message board.
- Find out about Dog Training and Behavior on our message board.
- Tell us how you've pampered your pet.
- Talk about your cat in the Cats in the House group
- Share your dog tales in the A Dog Wags Its Tail With Its Heart group.