1. What's your must-have kitchen tool or gadget? My 8-inch chef's knife is my must-have tool in the kitchen. I must say though, that I can't live without my sauce spoon; I've been using the same one for almost 10 years now. I would be so upset if I lost it!
2. What's your favorite ingredient to cook with? My favorite ingredient to cook with changes throughout the year and depends on my mood. It never stays the same for too long. Right now I guess my favorite ingredient to cook with would be big, beautiful day boat scallops. I love how they come in alive still in the shell. Scallops are so good any way you want to prepare them—sauteed, poached, smoked, as a ceviche—my favorite though is eating them raw with a little sea salt as soon as they're shucked.
3. What food do you hate to eat? I eat everything. but one thing that I always have trouble with eating is escolar, aka white tuna. I have butchered many and I just can't get past all the worms and organisms that live in that fish. Sorry, all you escolar lovers and fisherman.
4. What food could you eat every day for the rest of your life? I could eat brownie batter every day for the rest of my life without ever getting tired of it. I have loved it ever since I was a little girl. Honestly, I would rather eat the batter then have it cooked. Bacon is a close second!
5. Describe your style of cooking in three words. My cooking style in three words would be—simple, clean and delicate. .