Photo Credit: Disney
This week, Disney released the first full-length trailer for The Princess and the Frog, the studio's first "princess" movie since 1998's Mulan. (Although, isn't it kind of sad that Lilo of Lilo and Stitch couldn't join the ranks of Disney princesses? She'd look so cute in a ball gown!) The new trailer, which you can view here, gives us a nice preview of the new characters and songs.
Here are five reasons to look forward to the film:
1. The hand-drawn animation looks amazing! There's something to be said for letting artists use old-fashioned pencils.
2. Historical New Orleans looks appropriately magical. Hopefully this will give a boost to post-Katrina tourism?
3. Anika Noni Rose, who plays Princess Tiana, has an amazing voice and didn’t do enough singing in Dreamgirls. Looks like she’s making up for it now.
4. The toothless firefly is so funny, you can almost overlook the fart jokes. (Almost.)
5. Randy Newman, who writes all the Pixar jingles, did the songs. They might be great or they might be terrible, but they will be stuck in your head forever.
Chime In: Are you excited for the next Disney princess film?