Photo Credit: Beauty.com, Sephora, Smallflower, Philosophy and Molton Brown
Pumpkin may make a tasty pie, but it also proves to be one potent beauty ingredient -- it's high in antioxidants and has exfoliating properties. (No wonder why they call it the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.) Here are five products that utilize everyone's favorite fall gourd:
- Regenerate sun-damaged skin with ARCONA's Pumpkin Lotion 10% with pumpkin extracts and glycolic acid. And because it's made in small batches, it's farm fresh and highly effective ($35 at Beauty.com).
- Get glowing with Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. The papaya and pumpkin enzymes help rid your body's dead skin cells without over drying. Steam activates the enzymes, so use in the shower for best results ($65 at Sephora).
- Willy Wonka may have invented a three-course meal in a stick of gum but the folks at Breath Palette have gone one step further with their flavored toothpastes. Ditch your usual peppermint tube for Pumpkin Pudding #30 Toothpaste and celebrate Thanksgiving year round ($4.94 at Smallflower).
- Please refrain from snacking on Philosophy's Pumpkin Spice Muffin Shower Gel. The three-in-one staple (shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath) will leave your bathroom smelling better than your kitchen ($16 at Philosophy).
- Because pumpkin enzyme naturally eliminates dead cells and is gentler than alpha-hydroxy acids, it works well when used as a mild astringet. Molton Brown's Skinbalance Toning Lotion contains pumpkin plus pink grapefruit and lime to help remove excess oil while retaining moisture ($32 at Molton Brown).
Did you know pumpkin was so powerful? Chime in below!