As a mother, I know how much time and energy it takes to raise a child. I could not even imagine the challenges Catrina, a mother of six, has on a daily basis. She gave birth to quadruplets -- two boys and two girls -- on May 30, 2006, adding to their twin toddlers. Yes, that would make it six kids under the age of three. She gets a standing ovation just for that. For her TODAY show makeover, we gave her tips on what she can do in under five minutes to keep her skin looking great.
With only five minutes, it's all about time management to get the most bang out of your buck. Think multi-functional makeup -- that means look for cosmetics that include skin care, sun protection, and aromatherapy that taste good. At the same time, the products need to enhance your features. If you only have five minutes for yourself, my recommendations would be:
5 STEPS IN 5 MINUTES
- We must moisturize. Use a moisturizer with an SPF. Try Neutrogena's Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Day Cream with SPF 20. This will allow you to moisturize while protecting your face from the sun. It also neutralizes 90 percent of free radicals and is dermatologist tested.
- Since very few of us get enough sleep, especially new moms, we need to find that do-it-all concealer. The Eve Pearl Concealing Eye Treatment allows you to cover those dark under-eye circles, as well as treat your eyes to a mini makeover with vitamins, minerals, proteins and anti-oxidants. Apply it with your fingers like an eye cream, while concealing the dark circles. No need to powder.
- Brightening up the eyes takes a couple of swipes of mascara. The MAX Factor Volume Couture mascara will give you vibrant lashes. You won't even have to curl your lashes -- it does it for you. This is an effective timesaver that goes a long way.
- You might not have time to catch a tan, but that doesn't mean you can't look kissed by the sun. Fake Bake Bronzy Babe will give you a luxurious glow without looking orangey or too shiny. Just remember, you want to look kissed by the sun not attacked by it. So remember, apply bronzer to areas where the sun would naturally hit your face (the apples of your cheeks, around the edges of your forehead, a touch on your nose and a touch on your chin). Please do not take a large powder brush and brush it back and forth on your face. That just might make you look like a bronzy clown.
- Your lips also need hydrating and attention. Cover Girl's Fruit Spritzers will work for the mom who can't be sitting by the pool drinking a spritzer. She can smack one on her lips. This gloss not only brings life back to your lips, the yummy flavor makes a great tasting snack for that mom on the go.