1. Since it's a quick process, have all your ingredients ready by the stove before you start cooking.
2. Use a nonstick skillet and add a little butter or give the pan a quick coat of nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add a tablespoon or two of water (not milk -- that burns!) to eggs when beating them. That'll make for a fluffier omelet.
4. Add the eggs to the pan, give them a stir, let them firm up a bit, then add your choice of fillings on one side.
5. Just when the eggs have solidified, slide the omelet onto a plate and carefully fold it over.
Enjoy your done-just-right omelet!