Photo Credit: HBO
In her new HBO documentary, Beyonce sets out to show that her life isn't 100 percent glamour and fabulousness. It's more like 97 percent -- 98 percent tops.
We kid, of course. Truthfully, the new trailer for Life Is But a Dream gets surprisingly intimate. We see Beyonce cry in the studio; take video of herself without makeup; react to her first sonogram; and finally, show off her baby bump (or a convincing CG special effect, for you conspiracy theorists).
Watch the full trailer below!
In the voiceover, Beyonce (who directed and produced the film) describes the tough parts of being one of the world's most famous women. Maintaining commercial success, she explains, is "really stressful" because "you can't express yourself. You can't grow;" she calls it "the battle of my life." Another element of Beyonce's internal battle is the divide between her public persona and private life. "How much do I reveal about myself?" she wonders aloud.
Only Beyonce can decide how much she should reveal about herself. But we're happy to give her some recommendations! Here, five things we hope she'll include in Life Is But a Dream:
1. A really bad hair day. We love the shots in the trailer of Beyonce without makeup. The problem is, she still looks totally flawless. How about a shot of the singer when she's just gotten off of an airplane or woken up from a rough night? Surely there must be moments when she vaguely resembles the rest of us humans...
2. Jay-Z being cute. You know he's secretly a big softie. We'd love to see him goofing off with his wife or singing a funny song to his baby or any of those moments that only Beyonce normally gets to see!
3. Beyonce changing a diaper. We just generally assume that divas don't change diapers. Nick Cannon has confirmed that Mariah Carey doesn't. But wouldn't it be great if Beyonce was the exception?
4. A rehearsal or recording session gone wrong. It's not that we want to see Beyonce fail; it's that we know how hard she works, and we'd be very curious to see her famous moves and flawless vocals before they attain perfection. Fortunately, this seems like a pretty likely inclusion.
5. Blue Ivy, Blue Ivy, Blue Ivy. We are so psyched to see Blue's sonogram in the trailer! We would also like to see how Beyonce's child looks at one day old, one week old, six months old, and so forth. Really, if Beyonce wanted to air all of her iPhone movies of Blue Ivy instead of this HBO documentary, we'd be cool with that.
Life is But a Dream airs on Feb. 16 at 9 p.m. on HBO.