Photo Credit: Mark Davis/Staff, WireImage
With more than 15 million Grammy-related posts flying through the Twittersphere during the broadcast, it's safe to say Internet users had a few opinions on the awards show.
But of course they did, who are we kidding? Awards show are like Twitter cat nip — a veritable feast of favorites and retweets for anyone who can be the first to make a funny joke about, say, Pharrell's hat.
Because in case you missed it...
1. Pharrell wore a large brown hat that caused everyone to lose their minds
The best part of the Grammys hands down.. Pharells hat. pic.twitter.com/nY8jH3YgFD— Samantha Fox (@samthebosslady) January 27, 2014
Pictured above: The hat that ruled the night.
So big and so glorious, Pharrell's hat was first spotted on the red carpet.
Arby's tweeted at Pharell and asked for their hat back
And Smokey the Bear even got in on the fun because, apparently, Smokey the Bear has a Twitter account.
Is that a forest fire we smell or just a sick burn by Smokey the Bear?
Also feel free to follow Pharrell's hat on Twitter. The new handle already has more than 15,000 followers.
2. In addition to strange headwear, Twitterers also had a lot to say about Taylor Swift
There was this great reaction and recovery gif that surfaced after Taylor and her team thought she had won album of the year for her record "Red."
The award went to Daft Punk for their album "Random Access Memories," which to be fair sounds a lot like "Red" at the beginning.
Also, please take note of this man:
That wasn't the only GIF-able moment of the night for T. Swift however, as anyone who caught her performance surely knows...
There was quite a bit of headbanging involved.
No doubt Ms. Swift is suffering some serious whiplash this morning.
only taylor swift can pull off headbanging to a slow sad song performed on a piano— (@sombreroswift) January 27, 2014
3. Speaking of gifs, here's one someone made to commemorate the excitement Lorde felt when she won her first Grammy for song of the year
It's possible Taylor Swift was more excited for Lorde than Lorde was for herself.
4. The moment of the night that received the most tweets-per-minute was Kendrick Lamar's performance with Imagine Dragons
5. Queen Latifah officiated the wedding of 34 same-sex couples during Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' performance of "Same Love" (which also featured a cameo by Madonna).
Seriously! Tonight for me was about all about the Loving Couples! Thank You for allowing me to be part of your Special Moment! Love!— Queen Latifah (@IAMQUEENLATIFAH) January 27, 2014
6. The most tweeted about stars of the night?
and Taylor Swift
Probably partially for this dance to Kendrick Lamar's performance of "m.A.A.d city."
7. Also Neil Patrick Harris continued to prove he was amazing by photobombing Chrissy Teigan and John Legend
Because everything he does is amazing.
8. And finally: Beyonce and Jay Z opened the show with a performance of "Drunk In Love" — and let's just say it was well received
Not to mention the fact that Jay Z joked (at least we think it was a joke) that he would let Blue Ivy use his Grammy as a sippy cup.
Blue Ivy is one lucky little girl! Jay Z said he's going to let her use his 2014 Grammy as her new "sippy cup": http://t.co/h1Q0grJ1cd— Us Weekly (@usweekly) January 27, 2014