Gather the kids around. It's time to make tree ornaments out of cookies! Here's all you have to do:
1. Roll out a package or two of refrigerated cookie dough.
2. Cut out your favorite holiday shapes.
3. Using a straw, make a small hole in the top of each shape.
4. Bake the cookies according to the package directions.
5. When they come out of the oven, decorate them with sprinkles or chips, or, after they're cooled, with icing.
6. When the cookies are cool and dry, slip a colorful ribbon through the hole in each, then tie. That's it -- your cookie ornaments are ready to hang! Kids love having their own special Christmas tree ornaments -- especially when they can point to one and say, "I made it myself!"