Always wash with a mild cleanser. Avoid harsh cleansers and grainy scrubs -- they can actually make your acne worse. Resist the tendency to cleanse vigorously because this may further irritate the skin and do more harm than good.
- Don't wear makeup to bed. Make sure you remove all your makeup with a mild cleanser and water before going to bed.
- Don't use astringents. If you remove too much oil, your skin will react by producing even more oil.
- Don't pick or squeeze pimples -- this can lead to scarring.
- When choosing makeup, buy only oil-freeproducts (labeled non comedogenic).
- Use an oil-free and non comedogenic sunscreen daily.