Photo Credit: Donna Ward/Getty Images
Adam Sandler may have won a Kids' Choice Award for favorite movie actor over the weekend, but he didn't fare as well with adults -- at least the grown-ups who give out the annual Golden Raspberry Awards (aka Razzies) for the year's worst films and performances.
Between his two 2011 movies, Just Go With It and Jack and Jill, Sandler scored a record-setting 11 nominations for the infamous awards, the winners of which were announced, fittingly, on April Fool's Day. And Sandler didn't just shatter the records with the most nominations, he also broke the tally for wins, earning 10 overall Razzies.
The 45-year-old actor has the (dis)honorable distinction of winning worst actor and actress for playing the titular twins in the cross-dressing comedy. And it wasn't just Sandler whose performance earned an award. The poorly reviewed movie's supporting cast and crew was also triumphant: costars Katie Holmes, Al Pacino, and David Spade won worst couple (with Sandler), supporting actor, and supporting actress (Spade was also in drag for the film), respectively.
In years past, actors with a good sense of humor have accepted their Razzies in person, including Sandra Bullock, who won worst actress in 2010 for All About Steve (she gave out copies of the movie on DVD as part of her acceptance); Halle Berry (Catwoman), and Ben Affleck (Daredevil, Gigli and Paycheck).
The Golden Raspberry Foundation, made up of 650 members, determined the winners in conjunction with more than 35,000 votes cast on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Worst Picture: Jack and Jill
- Worst Director: Dennis Dugan
- Worst Actor: Adam Sandler
- Worst Actress: Adam Sandler
- Worst Screen Ensemble: The entire cast of Jack and Jill
- Worst Screen Couple: Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill
- Worst Supporting Actor: Al Pacino
- Worst Supporting Actress: David Spade
- Worst Screenplay: Jack and Jill
- Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff: Jack and Jill