We love this Carrie Bradshaw ensemble from Sex and the City 2. We've been wearing plaid all year, and the light-colored denim and lavender heels update the trend to another level.
By the way, did you know the cropped jeans were from Sarah Jessica Parker's own closet? "I wore them to set that day. Pat [Field] saw them, tossed previously set costume, ran and got a shirt from her store, and ten minutes later, we were shooting," she said in Sex and the City: The Stories. The Fashion. The Adventure., a book on the sequel's style.
The plaid top is $48 (not bad!), but the nearly 6-inch Brian Atwood Loca Studded Pumps will set you back $800 at Net-A-Porter.com. I suppose spending nearly four digits on a pair of shoes is a little loca, so I went on a hunt for cheaper versions that do the trend justice.
Consider these (pictured right from top):
• Tristano Pumps by Steve Madden ($99.95 at SteveMadden.com)
• Studded Velvet Pump ($25.80 at Forever21.com)
• Guess Carlile Pump with Studs ($54.42 at Endless.com)
Would you ever spend $800 on a pair of shoes? Chime in below!
• More Sex and the City 2 style for less
• Get Charlotte's cute apron from Sex and the City 2
• Sandals we can't stop looking at