Fresh flavor and bright with vegetables, this salad complements any fine meal.
- 2 hearts of romaine (center of romaine head of lettuce)
- 4 hearts of palm, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, arrange the hearts of romaine and the hearts of palm. Toss in the cherry tomatoes. Combine the zest (reserving 1 teaspoon for garnish), orange juice, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well, and pour over salad when ready to serve. Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with reserved zest.
©2005 iVillage Inc.; all rights reserved