Everyone says to apply blush to the cheekbones, but I don't have any cheekbones!
Everybody has cheekbones! A good way to find them is to make a kissey-face in the mirror
What you'll need:
- A subtle tawny-neutral to rosy-neutral blush if you're fair skinned.
- A coral-bronze to pinky-bronze tone if you're browner skinned.
- A softly bristled fan blush brush for applying
- A velour puff for blending
- A translucent powder for blending
Don't use any dark or muddy blush tones, it'll only make you look like there's dirt splotched on your face. And avoid blush that contains sparkle
The art of enhancing the cheekbones lies in a soft, light blend and proper placement:
- Begin by using your fan brush to lightly paint on the color, blending onto the cheekbones in an upward motion, remember to blend to the cheekbones themselves; that most prominent part you saw when you made the kissey-face.
- Now that you've applied the blush, use the translucent powder with a velour puff to blend over the bone area, directly over the blush. The idea is to diffuse the intensity of color, still following the same basic line of the cheekbone.
- Lastly, for a little extra punch
--and this is one of my favorite tricks --blend a wee bit of neutral foundation under the hollows of the cheeks. The contrast from dark to light will give the illusion of even more cheekbone.
Product Name: ShuUemura Glow on Blush in Pink or Amber
This is hands-down, one of the freshest, most natural-looking blushes I've ever found for light skin tones (See recommendations for darker skin tones below!) This product adds a glow to the cheek area that's beautifully fresh and clean.
Product Name: Bloom Powder Blush
The shade called Frangipani is a really pretty amber golden glow, perfect for light to medium skin. For darker-skinned gals who want to enhance their cheekbones, I like the Aloha Bronzer.
Product Name: Sephora Brand Blush
The shade called 10M Rosy-Apricot is a great, flattering rose coral for medium to dark skin tones.
Product Name: T.LeClerc Powder Blush
This is a silky, textured blush, which glides on easily and comes in the most charming, apothecary-inspired silver tin with a full-sized mirror. The BrunRose, which is like a coral-rose, is especially pretty for medium- to dark-toned skin.