More is more this season when it comes to adorning your arms with jewelry — chunky bangles and cuffs to be exact. They were first spotted on the runway at the Chanel, Stella McCartney and Hermes spring shows, and then they quickly made their way onto the wrists of Hollywood's major trendsetters like Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez and Kate Hudson.
Metallic bangles and cuffs in particular look luxe when stacked on top of each other, but one special piece does the trick as well. And whether you opt for polished, hammered, studded or braided, they perk up this season's neutrals and black and white prints.
Here's how you can rock the big bracelet look:
- Kick-start a new corporate look by pairing one or two bangles with a dress or skirt suit. Shirtdresses lend themselves perfectly to this office glam look.
- Lucite is a clear winner this season. Pile on your plastics with an all-white ensemble or with any electric shade of the moment.
- Studded numbers play the perfect partner to sleek all-black looks.
- Ramp up your evening attire with a racy jewel-encrusted bangle.
- Don't forget about denim. Live large and sport extra-wide bracelets with your jeans and sandals or denim jacket (sleeves rolled up of course) with wide leg trousers.
- Look for broad cuffs that double as watches.
- Don't exclude shorts. Dress up your cropped bottoms with shiny accessories and fitted jackets.
- Menswear doesn't have to look butch. Keep it sexy and pair a slouchy suit, buttoned-down white shirt or vest with layers of embellished cuffs.