- 2 Bartlett pears, quartered and cored
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 1/2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (or Splenda)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Add the butter, vinegar and sugar to a small saucepan. When they melt together and get hot, add the walnuts and pears and cook, stirring once, until the pears are browned and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Pour the pears, walnuts and all the pan juices over the arugula. Add the blue cheese and fresh ground black pepper.