Great for a gift or for adding a flourish to a coffee or entry table, this fragrant potpourri is easy to make. Just mix leaves, pods, spices and essential oils to create a colorful display that will scent the whole house.You will need:
- Clove essential oil
- Small pinecones
- Birch bark strips
- Small maple leaves
- Spices: cinnamon sticks, whole allspice, star anise, whole cloves and whole bay leaves
- Rose hips
- Nuts: hazelnuts and chestnuts
- Gather the items listed above.
- Place all the ingredients except the birch bark strips, whole bay leaves and small maple leaves in a large plastic or nonporous bowl.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the mixture and toss with your hands. (Wear gloves to keep your skin from absorbing the oil.)
- Slowly add more essential oil until the smell of the potpourri suits your taste.
- Place the potpourri in your desired container.
- Add the birch bark strips and leaves.
- Toss gently.