Remember: Meeting encourages cheating. If you're trying to fight an attraction to someone or you don't want to develop one:
- Don't go on a pub crawl with the gang unless you bring your spouse. It's not an accident that most country songs about cheating take place in honky-tonks and bars. Alcohol lowers inhibitions.
- Don't lunch alone with your friend all the time; invite some others along.
- Don't be the last to leave a party or business dinner with this person, and don't offer a ride home.
- Talk positively about your spouse to your friend. Complaints don't count -- and if you both start talking about your rotten sex lives at home, you're hooked.
- If permitted, invite your partner along to social and business functions such as overnight conventions, Christmas parties and outings. If not, have him or her pick you up at the office, and make introductions to your special pal.