One of the greatest potential hazards to your baby is a car crash. However, most injuries and deaths from car accidents can be prevented using car safety seats. If you haven't already purchased a car seat, do so now. Make sure your baby's car seat is installed correctly. Read and follow the instructions that come with the car seat. Use it every time that you take your baby out for a drive. The safest place for an infant is the back seat in a rear-facing car seat. Never put your baby in the front seat of a car with a passenger-side air bag.Topics of Interest
- Find out how much attention your baby really needs
- Nursing: Is it okay if your diet isn't the best?
- Are you car seat savvy? Take this quiz and find out!
- Share tips with other moms right now on the Car Seat message board
- Take a look back at your birth experience
Next Week: Your baby's fifth week of life
Would you prefer to receive this as a free weekly newsletter? Sign up now.