Fact of the Week
Nearly five million children under the age of 18 in the United States have asthma, according to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. It tends to run in families. To help prevent asthma and allergies, they suggest:
- Introducing solids after six months of age
- Limiting exposure of indoor pets early in life
- Eliminating smoke from the home
- Avoiding day care for very young children
- Using protective covers on bedding to control mites
- Asthma: Causes and treatment
Topics of Interest
- It's time for your baby's four-month checkup
- Alter your mood with food
- Find out if nursing causes tooth decay
- Should you stop nighttime feeds?
- "Have I spoiled my baby?"
- Talk right now with other moms who want to get fit after pregnancy
Next Week: Your baby's 17th week of life
Would you prefer to receive this as a free weekly newsletter?