Fact of the Week
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, in 1997, walkers were involved in an estimated 14,300 injuries to babies under 15 months of age, resulting in treatment in hospital emergency rooms. Walkers have also been involved in 34 deaths since 1973. How do these injuries occur? According to the National Safe Kids Campaign, an infant in a walker can move as quickly as four feet per second.
Topics of Interest
- Learn how to maintain a good milk supply while working
- Find out if a breastfed baby needs iron supplements
- Baby dental care: Get the right start
- 18 easy ways to take time for yourself
- Save money and swap coupons with other moms
Next Week: Your baby's 18th week of life
Would you prefer to receive this as a free weekly newsletter?