Learn the easiest ways to organize. Save yourself time every day by taking steps now to organize your house and prioritize errands and daily tasks. Here's how:
• Set up a new filing system that works for you. Cut down on paper clutter by filing away necessary bills and documents. Toss any other papers that don't need to be filed directly in the trash.
• Organize your closets. Sound like a big job? It may be easier than you think. A little time spent putting pairs of shoes and socks together will save precious moments each morning.
• Find "homes" for life's little necessities such as your keys, purse/wallet, etc. This way you'll know to look in the same place each time you need to find them.
Once you have done this, you may find that your "free" time is more relaxed and you can enjoy spending it with your spouse or pampering yourself without worrying about what's not getting done.
Find more information to help you get (and stay!) organized
Get dinner done fast. Evenings tend to fly by quickly. If you're a working mom, it may be all the time you have during the week to accomplish simple household tasks. Even if you stay home, it is the time of day when you're most constrained by family members' schedules. Your spouse comes home, older children may need help with their homework and so it goes. We can help you save time:
• Make dinner ahead of time.
• Consider making a larger quantity of food when you cook so you'll be able to cook less.