It's Week One of the Back-to-School countdown. School probably seems a long way off for your kids, but less so for you, right? This week's list will ease you and your family back into the groove of things -- slowly.
1. Start an end-of-summer tradition. Instead of lamenting the start of school, focus your family's attentions on a special end-of-summer event, whether it's a trip to the local zoo, a day at the beach, or a neighborhood ice cream social. For more ideas, click here.
2. Create a homework center. Right now (when things are still peaceful and the kids still have fond feelings for homework) is the perfect time to set aside a special place in your home that's completely organized and stocked with everything -- from a dictionary to enough modeling clay to make three Greek amphitheaters and a replica of the space shuttle. Don't forget to save your shoeboxes for dioramas! Click here for a how-to.
3. Retire the old (and undoubtedly skanky) lunchbag in favor of a stylish, practical and eco-friendly carrier. They're so good-looking, you may even want one for yourself. Click here for a list of the beauties.
4. Our no-fear guide to going back to school will help your little ones (and you) face those first days with confidence. Beat the stress with our experts' help.
5. Time to get those brains ready for school, too. Our Skill Builder will help you help your children with everything from math skills to spelling. Best of all, it's fun for everyone.