These burritos are something of a Tex-Mex wonder: tangy barbecue sauce, some roast chicken (or rotisserie chicken) and vegetables, all wrapped up in tortillas. For the best taste, look for a fiery barbecue sauce without added corn syrup.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Active Time: 15 minutes
- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, barbecue sauce, beans, corn and sour cream; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Assemble the wraps by placing a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla and topping with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito. Slice in half diagonally and serve warm, with lime wedges.
Nutrition Information: Per serving: 353 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 82 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrate; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber; 579 mg sodium.
Nutrition bonus: Fiber (24% daily value), Iron (20% dv).
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Eating Well cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of EatingWell.com