Photo Credit: Getty Images
1. Don't overthink it or make it more important than it is. Keep your expectations low. Just think, "I'm gonna have a drink and talk to a person for an hour and not worry about the whole 'liking each other' part."
2. Focus more on what you think of him, rather than what he thinks of you. The moment you start worrying about what someone thinks of you, the date is over because you're not being yourself.
3. If he hasn't picked a place, suggest somewhere you feel comfortable. If he has picked a place where you know you don't feel comfortable, suggest someplace else.
4. Bring cash.
5. Create a pre-date ritual that makes you feel centered, calm, and confident. Listen to your favorite playlist. Dance around your living room in your cutest underwear. Have a glass of wine. Whatever gets you in the zone.
6. Tell at least one person where you're going.
7. Keep some topics in the back of your mind to bring up in the event of an awkward silence.
8. Whether you and your date are attracted to each other or not, vow to have fun so you don't feel like you wasted your time.
9. Consider giving yourself a two-drink limit so you don't make any decisions out of drunkenness or think you liked someone that your sober self couldn't stand.
10. Avoid ex-BF/GF conversation. Shit gets awkward every single time.
11. If you don't connect with your date, don't blame yourself. It just wasn't meant to be, and that's OK.
Get first date tips on hair, make up and what the hell the wear.
WATCH: Fail Proof First Date Conversation Starters