Photo Credit: Getty Images
There are a million reasons to be happy you ended up with two X chromosomes -- shoe shopping, girls' nights, and cheaper insurance, just to name a few. We asked iVillagers, "What in your opinion is the biggest advantage of being a woman?"
- The biggest advantage of being a woman the art of being able to talk the hind legs off a donkey.
- Hello?! Boobs! I love having boobs. They're my best accessory!
- The best thing about being a woman is the variety. As women, we experience so many changes in our bodies and minds over the course of our lives. We get to experience life in a whole different way than men do, and I love that.
- I can get away with buying Star and People at the checkout.
- I love having lots of dressing options and looking pretty. It would be terrible to be a man and have to choose between the blue suit or the blue suit.
- The "superpower" of being able to grow another life inside you, and produce the food to feed it too.
- Women have so many choices. They can work or stay home. Be a nurse or a soldier. Despite the fact that we think men have it good, ask a man who has chosen a career viewed as predominantly for women, like a secretary or a nurse, or one who has chosen to stay home and raise the kids while Mom works. They get a lot of flack and are looked on as less of a man.
- Multiple O's.
- My six-year-old son answered this one for me a couple nights ago. All snuggled up beside me in his jammies, he says very sincerely, "It's better to be a girl than a boy." When I asked him why he thought that, he said, "Because the kids always love you best."
- A woman can do all the things that women naturally do and she can do most things a man can do also. A woman can keep a house looking like something out of House Beautiful, a woman can make a delicious meal from leftovers, a woman can create life. A woman can plow the north 40, hot coat the roof, milk the cows, come in, take a bath, and be ready for a night on the town. Men can't even put a dish in the sink.
Join the conversation!
Love being a woman? Let's hear you roar.