Photo Credit: The Inside Source
From the flat shoe of the season to an iPod case by Andy Warhol, The Inside Source, eBay’s digital style magazine, has rounded up the dozen items on the online marketplace you should snag this minute.
1. Authentic Original Sperry Top-Sider: Mark our words: the loafer is replacing the ballet style as the flat shoe of choice. Classica Top-Siders in nontraditional metallics are being spotted all over Manhattan city streets. (eBay search keywords: Sperry Top-Sider)
2. Andy Warhol iPhone Case: A total tech geek, Andy Warhol would have loved the iPhone and other sleek, modern day gadgets. That’s why the Andy Warhol Foundation agreed to lend his work to a new series of cases for the iPhone and iPad. For the first in a series of four, reports the New York Times, the chose the iconic 1966 banana that the artist designed for the Velvet Underground’s self-titled album as well as on Warhol’s camouflage print. (eBay search keywords: Andy Warhol iPhone)
3. Balmain Layered Tulle Gown: It was recently announced that designer Christophe Decarnin would be parting ways with the house of Balmain after six years. Though this floaty dress isn’t nearly as tough and flashy as the pieces beloved by Rihanna and other Decarnin fans, it is nevertheless an example of the designer’s flawlessly sexy work. (eBay search keyword: Balmain)
4. Balenciaga Papier Tote: Guest curated by Hamish Bowles, the European editor at large at Vogue, the “Balenciaga in Spain” exhibit at San Francisco’s de Young Museum examines the influence of Spain on the work of haute couture genius Cristobal Balenciaga. Honor the grand tradition of the house of Balenciaga with a handbag you’ll carry forever. (eBay search keywords: Balenciaga bag)
5. Owl Umbrella Stand: Embrace spring showers! Why not replace that old metal trash bin with a fancy (and wise!) umbrella stand? (eBay search keywords: ceramic umbrella stand)
6. Alexis Bittar Bronze Lucite Ivy Hinge Bracelet: Beloved jewelry designer Alexis Bittar is celebrating 20 years in business. (Both Michelle Obama and Lady Gaga are fans.) Toast him with one of his signature lucite pieces. (eBay search keywords: Alexis Bittar)
7. Sassy Magazine Premiere Issue: 1990’s teen magazine Sassy was where many of today’s top editorial talent got their start, from editor-in-chief Jane Pratt (who went on to found Jane) to Christina Kelly (we love her Fallen Princess blog) to eBay’s own Fashion Director, Andrea Linett, who worked in the fashion department. Only on eBay can you find a copy of the premiere issue, featuring Brooke Shields on the cover. (eBay search keywords: Sassy magazine)
8. Hans Wegner Rocking Chair: Authentic pieces by Danish Modern furniture designer Hans Wegner are true collector’s items. This rocking chair would fit in beautifully in any library, traditional or ultra-modern. (eBay search keywords: Hans Wegner)
9. Mexican Sombrero: Feliz Cinco de Mayo! All you need is a margarita in your hand and a sombrero on your head and it’s party time. (eBay search keyword: sombrero)
10. Calypso St. Barth Lisette Top: Calypso St. Barth, Target’s latest designer collaboration, hit stores on Sunday. While there is plenty to be found on eBay, you can also snag the real thing at reasonable prices, like the signature top that also functions well as a beach cover-up. (eBay search keywords: Calypso St. Barth)
11. Golden Goose Aged Leather Flat Sandal: Fashion folk in the know are obsessed with Golden Goose, a line of clothing and accessories produced entirely in Venice and imbued with both a British polish and an Italian sense of flair. These leather flats are a fine example of the line’s deceptive simplicity. (eBay search keywords: Golden Goose)
12. Crosley Bakelite Tube Radio: This fully functional radio from the 1950s captures two vintage trends: vintage, mid-century bakelite and retro radios. (eBay search keywords: bakelite radio)
For a daily dose of eBay’s most stylish finds, visit The Inside Source.