Photo Credit: eBay
What is so special about eBay is not just the abundance of everything (though 200 plus million products is certainly something to write home about), but rather the plethora of shopping treasures ready to be unearthed among the site's listings.
Highlighting a little bit of this and a little bit of that, this most-wanted list, courtesy of The Inside Source, eBay's digital style magazine, rounds up the most desirable items on eBay right now. Limited editions, new with tags pieces sold out at retail, coveted-but-hard-to-find collectibles, authentic-and-now-trendy items from eras past, hard-to-believe steals -- we've sorted through the search results and brought the cream of the crop to you. Here are our picks for March!
1. Modernist Molded Plywood Chair (buy it now price, $179.99): A Plywood furniture design exhibition is currently on display at MoMA in New York. These Modernist chairs are an exquisite use of the material's flexibility. (search term: plywood chair)
2. Ethiopian Hand-Woven Pillowcase (buy it now price, $19.99): If you feel it's time to lighten up your heavy pillowcases with a more season friendly fabric, try this delicate, hand woven linen from Ethiopia. (search term: embroidered pillowcase)
3. Kaj Franck Enamel Bowl (starting bid, $9.99): It's a treat to find a mint condition piece from Finnish designer Kaj Franck. This bowl with its vintage mushroom motif is perfect for springtime salads. (search term: Kaj Franck)
4. Danish Modern Tray Table (buy it now price, $379): Tray tables are a hot design element right now, and this Danish design is whimsically elegant with its white walled wheels. Utilitarian bonus: the trays are removable, and the whole thing folds and rolls. (search term: Danish Modern tray table)
5. Caroma Kartell Stool (starting bid, $15.22): Incredibly affordable (and durable), this retro outdoors piece multi-tasks as a stool, plant stand or end table. (search term: Caroma stool)
6. Union Jack Glass Dining Table (buy it now price, $569.28): With the impending royal nuptials on everyone's mind, we suspect the Union Jack will be making a comeback… yet again. (search term: Union Jack)
7. Marni Trench Coat (starting bid, $316): When Vogue devoted an entire fashion shoot to trench coats last month, we took notice. This one from Marni is classic but with a subtle windowpane print that feels special. (search term: Marni trench)
8. Fornasetti, the Complete Universe Book (buy it now price, $155.56): At nearly $100 less than you'll typically find at retail, here's an opportunity to discover the inventive designer Piero Fornasetti, whose designs are still produced in limited edition today. (search term: Fornasetti)
9. Michael Aram Black Orchid Pitcher (buy it now price, $165.95): We can't resist this brand new Michael Aram "Black Orchid" pitcher -- especially at below retail. It's a perfect addition to any summer table setting. (search term: Michael Aram)
10. Tracy Emin Oversized Beach Towel (buy it now price, $135): If, in the past, you have missed the limited edition artist's towels that crop up for summer, get a head start for the season this year. We adore this one from British artist Tracey Emin with its dreamy wash of color and text overlay. (search term: limited edition beach towel)
11. Gold Globe (buy it now price, $39.99): Lately, when surfing shelter mags and blogs, we can't help but notice the distinct presence of globes in home and office interiors. We love the light, sculptural quality of this one from Spherical Concepts. (search term: world globe)
12. November 1972 Paris Vogue (buy it now price, $75): For any fashion lover dedicated to getting this spring's '70s trend absolutely on point, we recommend going to the source, a vintage French Vogue, chock-full of authentic images and ads that you just can't find surfing the internet. (search term: vintage 'Vogue' magazine)
13. Bensoni Houndstooh Shirt (buy it now price, $150): Traditionally a Fall/Winter staple, houndstooth is having a moment now as spring approaches. We adore this lightweight silk print top from up-and-coming designer Bensoni. (search term: houndstooth clothing)
Chris Frey, a regular contributor to The Inside Source, eBay's digital style magazine, authored this article in its original form.