Henci Goer, award-winning medical writer, is the author of The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth. Henci has written consumer education pamphlets and numerous articles for magazines as diverse as Reader's Digest and Childbirth Instructor. Her previous book, Obstetric Myths versus Research Realities, is a highly-acclaimed resource for childbirth professionals and she is an acknowledged expert on evidence-based maternity care. For twenty years, Henci has been a Lamaze-certified childbirth educator and labor support professional (doula).
- The childbearing year: Making informed decisions
- Acupuncture: Effective for severe morning sickness
- Gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes: A common-sense approach
- Get me to the hospital (or birth center) on time!
- Cesareans: Everything you need to know
- Are cesareans really safe?
- Breech babies: Is a planned cesarean the best option?
- Is vaginal birth after cesarean risky?
- Labor induction: Cytotec alert
- Labor induction: When a big baby is expected
- Choosing a childbirth educator
- Comfort measures for labor pain
You can visit Henci on the Ask the Birth Guru message board.