From bees to butterflies, kids just love bugs. Encourage your future entomologist with a bug-themed bash, perfect for bug lovers of all ages!
* Buy large or small plastic bugs at a toy store and superglue them to the party invitations or to plain white cards. Write the party details around the bugs and place the cards in envelopes. Drop a few more bugs into the bottom of each envelope for an added surprise, and mail to your guests.
* Create your own critters from black construction paper. Trace or draw bug shapes on black paper. Cut out the shapes and glue them onto sheets of white paper. Use metalic paints to write our party details.
* Fill the party room with plastic bugs, insects, worms, ants and other creepy crawly things.
Sprinkle plastic ants on the table, stick Gummy worms in the snack bowl, hang spiders from the ceiling, and spread bugs all over the floor.
* Tuck some insects under a napkin or on a chair for an added surprise.
Find Games and Activity Ideas
Find Food and Favor Ideas
* Have a bug race and see how many bugs the kids can spot in the backyard or park in five minutes. Draw sketches of bug types or give the kids charts to help them identify the bugs they find.
* Have the kids collect bugs. Give them bug boxes to hold the specimens. Return the bugs to the yard when the activity is over.
* Play Caterpillar. Have all the guests stand in a line, bend over, and hold onto the guest in front of them. Then have the first player in line lead the rest of the 'body' in a game of follow the leader. Give each player a chance to be the 'head' of the caterpillar.