Here's everything you'll need to turn your house, yard, or garage into a big top of celebration!
* Make clown masks using construction paper, felt-tip pens, sequins and glitter. Use a glue gun or super glue to attach a red rubber ball for a nose, then cut out eye holes. Tie string to either side of each mask, write the party details on the inside of masks and mail them in large envelopes.
* Insert invitations into boxes of circus animal crackers. Place each box of crackers into another small box to keep the crackers from being crushed in the mail.
* Ask your guests to come dressed as clowns. Suggest they dress in colorful, baggy clothes. Decorate their faces with face paint.
* Have kids dress like circus animals (lions, tigers, bears and elephants) or as one of the side show characters.
* Award costume prizes for funniest, most creative, scariest and so on. (Make sure that every child gets a prize.)
* Make your own big-top tents by hanging sheets and blankets or crepe paper streamers from the ceiling.
* Create carnival game booths using large cardboard appliance boxes painted with poster paint.
* Fill the party room with multicolored balloons for a festive atmosphere.
* Place stuffed animals and clown dolls for an added attraction.
* Distribute items used in a circus, such as hoops, nets, batons throughout the party room.