* Host an Action Hero Olympics. Prepare a series of challenging feats, varying the games so that everyone has a chance to win. Include long jumping, fast running, long-distance ball throwing, balance-beam walking, obstacle course challenges and relay races. Be sure to have plenty of adults on hand to supervise.
* Play Super Hearing. Have the guests identify mysterious tape-recorded sounds.
* Play Super Tasting. Blindfold the kids and have them sample and guess foods.
* Play Super Smelling. Blindfold the kids and have them sniff a variety of aromas and name the sources.
* Play Super Vision. Have the kids look at enlarged or reduced pictures and everyday items and guess what they are.
* Make Power Portraits. On construction paper, trace and cut out two body outlines of each guest. Have the kids decorate the outlines
* Make your own action hero comic books. Have each guest draw and color a panel featuring his or her favorite action hero character. Assemble the panels to make a funny story.
* Make fabric capes. Have the kids decorate the capes with glitter and stars.
* Have an adult friend come to the party dressed as your child's favorite superhero for a surprise visit.