* Serve a power party meal with energy drinks such as Gatorade and and super snacks such as Power Bars.
* Build a superhero sandwich. Cut two long loaves of sourdough bread length-wise and fill with layers of meat, cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
* Bake an Action Hero Cake:
1. Bake a sheet cake; cool.
2. Decorate the cake with an emblem from your child's favorite action hero's costume using colored frosting.
3. Set action figures all over the cake.
* Send the guests home with small plastic action figures and comic books.
* Hand out the Power Portraits and capes that the kids made.
Copyright 1997 by Penny Warner. Reprinted from The Kids' Pick-a-Party Book with permission of Meadowbrook Press.