Name: Blaine Cotter
Home town: Gilbert, AZ
Occupation: College Counselor
Favorite cheat food: Pizza
Goal for 2009: To be healthy, happy and skinny
Starting weight: 365
Elimination weight: 299
1. What was your big turning point-either during the show or before that made you realize you needed to lose the weight?
I have had a lot of different slaps in the face but the one that stands out to me most was going over my MRI results with Dr. H. It was truly devastating seeing how close I was to leaving my family alone.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before going on The Biggest Loser?
How hard I could actually push myself.
3. If you could have done one thing differently during the show, what would it be?
Lost more weight the week I went home, obviously. I do wish I would have beaten Tara up the Mountain in the second challenge.
4. What was the hardest thing to adapt to while being on the ranch?
Being away from my family by far was the hardest thing for me. I missed my wife and kids soooooo much.
5. What's the most helpful thing your partner did or said to motivate you?
"Don't be an idiot..." changed my life. Just kidding but really I loved being with Dane. His example of how hard he worked really motivated me. We came to the ranch cousins but when we left we were best friends.
6. What is your favorite workout?
Ironically, my favorite ones now are the workout videos with her in them.
7. What's your favorite healthy meal or snack?
Varsity Pizza. That was a pizza that was very healthy that we made on the ranch. You can make your favorites good for you.
9. What do you think your weight-loss obstacles will be now that you're off the ranch and how do you plan to overcome them?
Time is always the hardest thing. Time to workout and to make a healthy meal. Before the ranch It was the last priority, being healthy is definitely higher priority now.
10. What's the best advice Bob or Jillian has given you?
Jillian told me "you can't give what you don't have". Awesome advice. My biggest excuse for not being healthy was that I had my family that I have to take care of. I couldn't take care of them if I didn't take care of myself.
11. What happens behind the scenes of the show that no one would know from watching it?
Not a whole lot. Just a lot more of working out. The days we didn't have the camera crews were the days we got to workout harder and longer (with our music).
12. What did you do for fun while you were on the ranch?
There is no TV on the ranch but we did have our iPods. Dane and I would pick an episode of The Office and start watching it at the same time. It was a lot more fun to watch when Dane was laughing at the same time that I was.