Last night I hit up the taping of the Bravo A-List Awards, hosted by Kathy Griffin, with my lovely coworker, Beauty & Style producer, Ysolt.
Considering this is the first A-List Awards, we had no idea what to expect. Would it be like the Oscars or the MTV Awards? (Two totally different events!) Turns out it was right in the middle - in terms of the atmosphere it was very MTV-ish, but when it came to the outfits, it was Oscars all the way.
When Ysolt and I arrived, we assumed we'd be ushered in and directed to our seats immediately. Not so. Instead there was a massive mingle fest, filled with current and past Top Chef and Project Runway contestants, the ladies of The Real Housewives of NYC and Orange County, plus some other reality folks. Dana Delaney of Desperate Housewives was one of the only "real" actresses there.
Immediately Ysolt and I turned from journalists into fans. Once we saw all our Bravo reality show favorites, we got a bit camera happy. Lucky for you, you get to see all the ridiculous photos we snapped.
Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen from Real Housewives of NYC. Look at how shiny Simon's jacket is! Ysolt kept saying he looked like he was dressed as a magician.
Some other highlights:
- Tila Tequila was there. No one cared... at all.
- Antonia from season 4 of Top Chef was practically Amazonian. Sooo much taller than I expected.
- Jillian Lewis from last season's Project Runway bumped into me, then gave me a nasty look and rudely said, "Excuuuse me." I was just standing there. She was the one who hit me!
- In fact, all of the Project Runway contestants seemed to have an attitude. At one point they even made fun of fans who were asking for their photos. C'mon, you're not that famous.
- Top Chef contestants, on the other hand, were all extremely sweet and grateful. Now I know why I love them so much.
- All of the Real Housewives are beyond skinny in real life. The camera adds more than ten pounds when it comes to these ladies.
- Kathy Griffin was a very funny host. I'm extremely interested in how much of her act will actually make it to air.
Don't forget to check out theBravo A-List Awards
when they air on June 12 at 10 pm on BravoTim Gunn
will be hosting the red carpet pre-show at 8:30 pm.