Whether you are pregnant and just beginning to think about how you will feed your baby, or have enjoyed a long-term nursing relationship, we think you’ll enjoy hearing 19 reasons moms love to nurse. Here's what the moms on our expert-hosted Breastfeeding Support message board have to say:
1. I like the cuddles and the bonding I share with my little LUV BUG !
2. It requires no thought, planning or effort on my part. When she's hungry I just open up my shirt.
3. The closeness, the bond, the way he softly rubs "his baba" as he tries to fall asleep nursing … it's all GREAT!
4. I know I'm doing what’s best for my little one.
5.The closeness shared and the love when he looks into my eyes, just knowing that I am his source of life.
6. It totally melts me when he is nursing and looks up at me and smiles!
7. I love it when she nurses and looks up at me with milk dribbling down her cheek.
8. I love every thing about it. The way my baby rubs my chest and my face when she nurses. It melts my heart!
9. The relaxation we both get -- time to just sit and not do anything else!
10. Everything! I love all of it, the closeness, the calming affect and the total ease of nursing my baby to sleep.
11. I love it all too. I especially love the opportunity it gives to just relax (when everyone else is asleep).
12. Snuggling next to her warm little body, knowing she loves it too.
13. The overwhelming sense of wellbeing that I get while nursing is impossible to explain!