Bridal Shower Etiquette: Thank-You Notes
Dear Wedding Women:
I had my shower this past weekend. I am sitting here right now with my thank-you cards for the gifts I received, and I am at a complete loss as to what to write. I have read somewhere that thank-you notes should contain certain things, but I'll be darned if I can remember what. Help!
Aren't bridal showers fun -- especially when you're the guest of honor? Hope you had a ball.
A couple of general tips about shower thank-yous:
· Get them out before the wedding.
· Unless you had a coed shower, the note should come just from you (not your fiance).
· Write the thank-yous on note cards with your maiden name on it. Stationary with your married name, or your and your fiance's combined initials or names, can't be used until after the big day.
Use these guidelines for writing notes:
1. Thank the guest for sharing this special event with you.
2. Thank her for the gift and describe it with a positive adjective and also an identifying detail (cheerful yellow bath towels, exquisite crystal vase).
3. Tell your guest how you plan to use her gift and that you'll think of her whenever you use it.
4. Reiterate your thanks and express that you're looking forward to seeing her at your wedding.
5. Don't sign off too formally (avoid "sincerely"). Use words like "with thanks," "much love," "warmly," or "yours."
Hope this helps.
The Wedding WomenAnswer: