Photo Credit: KMazur/WireImage
Over the weekend, reports began to surface that toxic mold in the home of actress Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack just might have been to blame for their eerily similar deaths. Now, Murphy's mother, Sharon Murphy, has spoken out to dispel these rumors.
Murphy confirmed to People, "I have never been personally asked by the coroner or anyone from the Health Department to come and inspect my home for mold." She goes on to say, "It's absurd that this kind of misinformation is being reported by the media."
Murphy's daughter Brittany (best known for her roles in Clueless, 8 Mile, and Don't Say A Word) passed away in December 2009, at the age of 32. Her husband, Simon Monjack, died just five months later at the age of 39. Authorities ruled that both Murphy and Monjack died from the same causes: acute pneumonia and severe anemia.
"In the last eight months, I have been through the most unimaginable events, which no one could ever fathom," Sharon Murphy told People. "I have and will continue to be very cooperative and fully comply with any such request" regarding inspection of toxic mold.
The L.A. County Health Department has confirmed that they are not investigating the mold claims. In fact, according to Murphy's spokesman Roger Neal, the family had the house inspected in the past, and no signs of mold were to be found.
What do you think about the eerily similar circumstances in the deaths of Brittany Murphy and her husband? Chime in below.