- 1 pound eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1" cubes
- Pinch of garlic powder, or to taste
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Lightly mist a medium, nonstick baking sheet with olive oil spray. Place the eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet so the cubes do not touch. Lightly mist the eggplant with olive oil spray. Sprinkle on the garlic powder.
Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Flip and bake for 7 to 10 minutes more, or until tender when tested with a fork.
In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, green onion, garlic, and basil. Add the eggplant. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 79 calories, 3 g protein, 18 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat (trace saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 9 g fiber, 11 mg sodium.
From The Biggest Loser Cookbook