Each home business is different. For that reason, there is no one kind of Website you can build. Think about what makes your home business special. Choose a theme from our list or create your own.
- Tell your story -- why did you decide to start your home business?
- Provide details about how you made it happen.
- Publish pictures of yourself or your products and provide descriptions of what you sell or the services you offer.
- Post links to your business web site or favorite work-from-home resources on the Web!
- Create a guest book to get feedback and testimonials from your visitors and customers!
Are you ready to start building? Here is a hint: Open a new window so that you can keep coming back to this list of instructions.
- Go to the Member Website Builder.
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on the red Log In Here button. You will be brought to the standard iVillage login page.
- Enter your iVillage username and password. (If you are not a member, you can become one here. Don’t worry, you won’t get lost!) You will be brought to the Website Builder.
- At the bottom of this screen, click on Begin Building. You will be brought to the Choose a Website Type page.
- On the right hand side, under Create a New Website, choose My Personal Site. You will be brought to the Choose a Website Name and Pages page.
- Type in any name for your page you wish. Some examples:
• Name of your biz
• Your area of expertise
We suggest you check off the following choices for pages, but it is entirely up to you. You can always add or delete pages once you've started building.
• About Me (which can be "About My Business")
• Family Photo Album (photos of yourself, your products, your services, etc.)
Click on Continue. You will be brought to the Choose a Website Design page.
- There are more than 30 designs to choose from, so you can make the most out of marketing your home business to the iVillage community and beyond! The rest of the building process is easy and will be explained as you move along.
Don't forget to brag. Email your URL to the Work channel, and you just might see your site featured on the Work channel!
Happy building and good luck!