• Chocolate drops wrapped in foil (like Hershey's KissesTM)
• Construction paper in red, pink, and white
• Pipe cleaners
• Wiggle eyes
• Heart cutouts (largest being 1.5", medium about 1", and smallest being 1/2" across)
• Non-toxic glue
1. Trace cutouts onto construction paper. Make many tracings of different-sized hearts.
2. Cut out the heart shapes.
4. Take two 1.5" hearts. Lay them on the table so their points touch and the rounded tops are away from you. They should overlap a bit. Glue them together.
5. Take two 1" hearts. Place the points together and glue. Glue these hearts on top of the bigger hearts. These should overlap the bigger hearts. The shape you now have should resemble a butterfly's wings.
6. Glue on eyes and pipe-cleaner antennae.
7. Glue extra heart cutouts on the wings as designs.
8. Allow the butterfly to dry.
9. Glue the butterfly to a chocolate candy.
10. Give this lovely butterfly away as a Valentine's Day treat!