You may best identify Carla Hall by her signature catchphrase that reflects her whimsical approach to life. The former Top Chef contestant and owner and Executive Chef of Alchemy Caterers in Washington, D.C., balances her Southern traditions, classic French training, and holistic approach to food.
10 Questions with Carla
1. Food I can't live without: Lemon ... I love a good pucker.
2. Food I refuse to eat: Liver
3. Favorite type of cuisine: Indian
4. Sweet or savory? Hmmm. Sweet.
5. Guilty-pleasure midnight snack: A hot fudge sundae with nuts and whipped cream.
6. All-time favorite chef: Jacques Pepin
7. Go-to kitchen tool: Microplane
8. First thing you remember cooking as a kid: Apple crumble
9. Favorite restaurant: Restaurant Ris in Washington, D.C.
10. The last thing I ate: A roasted chicken sandwich with mayo and Dijon on wheat, with a side of sweet gerkins at 1 a.m.